Computer Engineering was introduced in GEC Dahod from year 2009. Its first batch will graduate this year in 2013-14. The department is located on first floor of Block No. 4 in college campus. With the intake of 60 and adequate staff, the department has ample amount of class rooms and labs on its own floor. Teaching and Lab work is carried out with intention to help students overcome practical difficulties. All the subject lectures and laboratories are engaged by departmental staff and even visiting faculties are appointed as and when needed.
Institute Internet Facility:
· GEC Dahod has subscribed Internet Lease Line of 2Mbps ( to be upgraded to 4Mbps soon).
· Computer department handles internet facility and campus wide LAN.
· A server rack with Cyberoam 500i UTM appliance and a set of switches spread all over campus act as the backbone for Internet.
· There are above 400 LAN nodes spread over all the campus including amenities building, workshop and library.
· Wireless access is enabled all over the campus.
National Knowledge Network (NKN): GEC Dahod is one of the very few government engineering colleges to become a node of National Knowledge Network (visit www.nkn.in for details). Successful implementation of which will connect GEC Dahod to hundreds of universities all over India with Internet bandwidth of 100Mbps.
The department is always inclined to instill values into its students and educated them for better future with the help of technology.